1. Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For the purpose of GDPR, we are the data controller
2. This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to [Fridgedotor.ie
3. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
4. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately. By using the Website you consent to this policy. If you do provide personal information, we will assume that you have read this Notice and have consented to us using your personal information in the ways described within this Notice.
5. We will collect personal data only if it is directly provided to us by you, the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent.
6. We collect this information in order to carry out our obligations to you in order to provide you with the services and products that you have requested from us and to meet your refrigeration, domestic appliances, heating, plumbing and renewable requirements.
7. We obtain personal information from you when you contact us, you voluntarily provide us with information about yourself, such as the following: Name and address or work address, Contact information, including telephone numbers and email address and family member contact information provided by you as liaisons. Details about your refrigeration, domestic, renewable and plumbing appliances. Company information – for business users only, Although we may take debit/credit card information to complete a transaction, we do not store this information.
Use of your information :
We may use this information to contact you in response to a specific enquiry, If you request our services via our website/email or telephone,
To comply with Legal obligations .
For the purpose of appliance registration and compliance notices – in order for us to process a Notification / Commissioning, Registration or Compliance Notice, for a boiler / Heat-pump or Air Conditioner (or similar) we will need to provide your address, name and phone number and equipment details to the necessary organisation in order for them to complete the registration /warranty / insurance or administration process.
To contact you on the anniversary of your appliance service to see if you wish to arrange a service appointment.
To provide us with a history of works completed at your property, which may assist in any further works you request from us.
To contact you to provide information on changes to our policies or contact details.
Your personal information may be used by us, our employees and sub-contractors and suppliers,
We will not share your data with a 3rd party without your prior consent; for example, if you wish us to arrange meeting with a fellow tradesman and you would like us to get them to contact you in the first instance.
If we need to arrange for a delivery of materials to site or refer your request to another contractor in order to undertake and complete services; repairs and installations associated with your appliances from which you have requested from us, we will need to provide your delivery details to a 3rd party. We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party:
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
For Example: posting a message on our forum or submitting a testimonial.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide. Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time. Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at email@example.com
If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties’] use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data. Or you can do so by writing to us at our address, or sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of [WorldPay / SagePay / PayPal / MoneyBookers / Stripe] or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.